Built in 1910, the same year that GJ Coles purchased the store from his father. Our Hall has seen a multitude of celebrations over 110 years. Weddings, funerals, birthday celebrations, Back-to’s, supper dances and deb balls. In 2010 we celebrated the Hall’s Centenary and Coles’ Centenary with a weekend of reunions, dances, and photographic displays. Coles Supermarket chain presented the community of St James with a cheque of $110,000 toward the restoration of the hall, with Moira Shire matching that money and a Victorian State Government Grant followed.
In 2014 the newly refurbished Hall was unveiled to the delight of all. The body of the hall housing the great dance floor was retained, with a brand- new supper or meeting room, a well- appointed kitchen, all ability toilets and shower, a library, housing our photographic history and store room.
The Hall is a happy meeting place that we are proud of and is available for hire by contacting Leslie Longmuir on 0425743608.